Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mood Monday: The Color Purple

Purple is royalty. It exudes class, power, passion, sensuality and luxury. It is a mysterious color associated with both nobility and spirituality. Purple is the color of mourning for widows in Thailand and was the favorite color of Cleopatra in Egypt. Historically, purple was so difficult and expensive to produce that it could only be worn by the wealthy. Creative people, especially artists and designers are said to love purple. Also, people tend to get less work done in purple rooms because the color encourages daydreaming. (reference) (reference).

Purple reminds me of the Cheshire Cat...
(source)

Dark Chocolate M&M's...


Prince...


Magic...
(source)

Bohemian Royalty...
(source)
(source)

Hope you all have a great week! Brought to you by the color purple...

2 comments:

Plantress said...

prince and purple rain. OMG love it. Check out my treasury item purple passion in my etsy shop. www.plantress.etsy.com
sorry for the self promo but it is purple!
xo

Sweet Pea said...

I wish my office was painted purple. Not that I really need more encouragement to day dream :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails