Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photos from Hawaii

Last week I shared my art journal from my trip to Hawaii. Today I thought I'd share some actual photos! I am not much of a photo-taker. I'd much rather experience things in the moment than from behind a camera. But here are the few photos I snapped using my digital camera and mostly my phone (using Instagram).

Here are photos from a day trip we took around Oahu. Our first stop was the Nu'uanu Pali Lookout for a fantastic view of the island.
Next we headed to the Dole Pineapple Plantation where we walked through a botanical garden and ate delicious pineapple ice cream.
We stayed on Waikiki and the weather of course was beautiful. This is a view from where I sat and worked in my little art journal on the beach.
 We walked to the Rainbow Drive-In for lunch and shopped at an amazing vintage store...

Here we are having drinks at the Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai bar.

But the best Mai Tai on Waikiki was at House Without A Key.

My favorite part of our trip was snorkeling at Hanuama Bay. We got to see TURTLES! It was amazing.
On our last day we rented a car again and visited the Byodo-In Temple.
We also hiked through the Koko Crater Botanical Garden and saw some amazing flora and fauna.
This is an African Palm. See James standing next to it? It was HUGE!
 There were also some crazy cacti in the Americana section.
And of course, gorgeous Hawaiian flowers.
Before we knew it our week of paradise was over. I could have stayed there for SO much longer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails