Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life Lately


It's been a while since I shared some of my day-to-day happenings here. If you follow my Instagram, then you have an idea :)

January has been a very reflective month for me. I've realized how much I love the New Year and spending time reflecting, resting and making new plans. 2013 was a very hard year for me and I am ready to give up the parts of my life that aren't working and try new things. The main issue has been battling my poor health. I've suffered from severe neck and back pain since last March (almost a year ago). There is no injury or specific trauma related to the pain. I've tried chiropractic and physical therapy and am still unable to heal completely. The smallest thing will cause a flair up and I will be stuck in bed with crippling pain for a week. (I'm in the midst of this now- all because I vacuumed my living room last Monday! ugh!)


Dealing with chronic pain for so long as really begun to take it's toll on me mentally. I've become less social, more emotional, highly sensitive and self critical. For the New Year I decided to be very intentional about the healing methods I choose from now on. To really listen to what my body is telling me and give it what it needs. To not look for outside solutions (which don't work for me anyway) but to look inward.


One of the things I've done is to start a tarot journal. I've always loved tarot cards but have never really studied tarot itself. At Christmas I treated myself to a beautiful new tarot deck by The Wild Unknown. Using the cards as visual prompts for journaling has been a lot of fun and very eye-opening.


James and I are starting Stephanie Perkinson's Deeply Rooted Winter Cleanse on Monday and I've signed up for a special Yoga for Back Care class on February 2nd. I'm hoping that paying more attention to my own body and being more in-tune with it's needs will help me find true healing this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. It's about time!

Those tarot cards are beautiful. Love the artwork.

Related Posts with Thumbnails