Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mmm.. Garlic!

So last night I made two of my favorite dishes for dinner. First I made Gypsy Soup, a sweet and spicy vegetable soup that I have made over and over again. It's low calorie and delicious!

The next dish I made, unfortunately is not low-calorie, but it is sooooo good! (If you're a garlic fan). Garlic & Goat Cheese Spread served with Crostini:

I got this recipe from an old coworker. I'm only allowed to make it once a year, as it makes the entire house reek of garlic. Here's how you make it:

INGREDIENTS:
1 head of garlic (about 10 cloves)
2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
10oz goat cheese (I used an 8oz package and it worked fine)
Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh basil (for garnish), chopped
Baguette
Olive Oil & Sea Salt

1. Roast the garlic in the oven. About 40-50 minutes.
2. Saute red onions in butter and brown sugar, until carmelized.
3. Layer garlic and onions in oven-safe baking dish. Top with goat cheese.
4. Bake in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Next slice up your bread and put it onto a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Bake/broil in the oven until toasted (on both sides).
6. Once the dip is ready, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and garnish with the basil.
7. Serve hot!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Only allowed to make it once per year?! Haha, I'm pretty sure I reek of garlic every day. Love, love, love garlic! Yum. (Not Yum-o)

Unknown said...

I am DEFINITELY going to have to try that garlic goat cheese recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails