Monday, February 20, 2012

Mend It Better


Two years ago I contributed to Craft Leftovers, a monthly zine created by Kristin Roach. I shared a tutorial on how to make friendship bracelets as well as did an interview. It was a great experience and a lot of fun to do. A few months later (that same year), Kristin contacted me again asking if I would be interested in contributing to a book she was writing. Of course, I said yes! And went to work to create a bleach-dyed skirt made from an old pair of jeans. I sent the skirt along with my tutorial off to Kristin and eagerly waited two years for the book to be finished. 

About a week ago, I got a package in the mail with Kristen's book, Mend It Better! After quickly flipping to page 204 to see my tutorial in print I turned back to the cover and started at the beginning. 
Mend It Better has everything you need to know about mending. She even included a bit of history about the evolution of sewing. I especially love her 'Mending Toolkit' on page 24. I have a list of things that need mending in my closet. Mostly buttons that need to be sewn back on, but also a few zippers and a wholey sweater. All clothes that I still love (and sometimes still wear) despite their worn flaws. I'm excited to use Mend It Better as my guide for fixing up my most loved clothes. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel how cool!! Love that DIY! Now I have to go out and buy the book! :)

kara rane said...

Congratulations Rachel*!
I am a big fan of altering clothes and look forward to seeing this book... so fun.

Unknown said...

Cool! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails