Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunny Sunday

It's been bright and sunny here in Portland these last few days. It's such a nice change from our normal grey rain. I am just recovering from food poisoning (I was in bed for 3 days). Dinah and magazines kept me company, but I mostly slept and played a dumb iPhone game, Pocket Potions while I waited for the poison to leave my system so my stomach could heal.



Yesterday was the first day I felt well enough to venture out of my house. I made a trip to my favorite thrift store, Rerun and picked up some goodies...
I've been eyeing this piece of art for a few weeks now and decided to go for it. I just love the retro style of Daniel and the Lions- so adorable! On the back is written 1974 Israel. Now I just need to find a good home on my wall for it to hang.
I found this issue of Wimmen's Comix, an all-female underground comic from 1974.
In the evening, James and I took a walk through the neighborhood as the sun went down. I love walking through the neighborhoods of Portland, seeing all the different houses and people's yards. Makes me dream of having my own house some day. Afterwards we drove to Movie Madness on SE Belmont to find a weird movie to watch. I chose Times Square, which I had read about on Rookie Mag. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. It's an 1980's movie about two misfit teenage girls who run away together to form a punk band in New York. 

Today I'm enjoying the sunshine from my window, catching up on work and my blog posts for next week. Hope you all are having a relaxing Sunday afternoon!

xo Rachel

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails