Thursday, April 7, 2011

PB&J Cookies

The other day I was craving sweets so I decided to make one of my favorite cookie recipes, Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies! I found the recipe in a 2006 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray. They are soo yummy and easy to make. I've probably made this recipe a dozen times over the years.
PB&J Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry jelly (I used my friend Lindsay's homemade raspberry jam)
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a mixer, blend together 3/4 cup of the peanut butter with the butter on medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars and beat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg until incorporated. Stir in the reserved flour mixture until just combined.
3. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use your thumb to gently dent the center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of jelly into each center. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool.
4. In a small bowl, beat together the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter and the confectioner's sugar. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping. Using a resealable ziplock bag with a tiny corner snipped off, pipe the frosting over the cookies.

1 comment:

oona said...

Ohmygoodness these look so fun! I'd definitely try some. And I hate peanut butter! So that's how much I crave these now ha ha (:

Related Posts with Thumbnails